A perfect Halloween look, a way for you to reveal that hidden dark side to those poor, unfortunate souls. muahahahahahaha
1. Apply a base of L'Oreal Paris New Nude Magique BB Cream in Light Skin Tone all over the face and neck.
2. Use Essence Soft Touch Mousse Make-Up in #08 Matt Vanilla to smooth out the foundation even more to create a smooth working surface.
3. Apply Hema Mattifying Compact Powder #21 with the Hema Multifunctional Kabuki Brush #154 around the areas on your face where you are most oily (nose, chin, T-zone above the eyes, and under the eyes to prevent creasing).
4. Apply a thin layer of Gosh Prime 'n Refresh Illuminating Eye Roll-On on your eyelids as an eye-shadow base to enhance the colour of your eyeshadows and to make sure they stay all night long.
5. Contour your cheeks, temples, chin and nose using a mixture of Maybelline New York Fit Me Anti-Shine Stick in #344 Coconut Moka and Bourjois Paris Color Edition 24H Cream to Powder Texture in Kaki Green. Keep mixing the two until you get the desired colour and intensity.
*Hint: the more intense and dark the colour, the deeper your contouring will be, creating more depth on your face.
6. Apply a layer of the Kaki Green Bourjois Paris Color Edition 24H on your eye lids to create that deep, rich green undertone for the colder tones you will layer on top. Apply the bright green colour from the Coastal Scents 88 Original Palette on your eye lids, staying below the crease. Using the dark grey and shimmery black colours from the Barry M Smokin' Hot Shadow & Blush Palette, darken your crease and outer corner of your eyes. Create a cat-eye effect by pulling the shadow further out into a point towards your temples.
*Hint: the darker you make the out corner of your eyes and crease, the deeper they will look.
7. Line your upper and lower waterlines using a black eyeliner of your choice (I used Hema Kohl Pencil in Black). Line your eyes using a gel black liner (Rimmel London Waterproof Gel Eyeliner in No.001 Black) in a cat-eye shape, extending the line both on the inner and outer corner of your eyes, and bringing the liner along the lower lash line as well.
8. Highlight the inner corner of your eye using the shimmery white eyeshadow from the Barry M palette. Use the same colour to highlight the brow bone.
9. Apply a generous amount of mascara on your lashes to extend them as much as possible. Don't forget to curl them before you apply your mascara. (Rimmel London Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara in No.001 Black)
10. For the lips, I decided to make a mixture of green and black eyeshadow instead of a pure black lipstick. Apply a base of the Kaki Green Color Edition 24H cream eyeshadow on your lips, and then darken it by applying a matte (or shimmery) black eye shadow over the top (Barry M Smokin' Hot Shadow & Blush Palette).
11. Designing your face and neck can be done in any way you choose. I used black eyeliner and the Kaki Green Color Edition 24H cream eyeshadow to create lines, shadows and branch-like designs all over my face and neck. I went further to apply the same design on my arms to bring everything together. Applying some of the Kaki Green cream eyeshadow on my hands was a step further to make it seem like living in the forest was all I ever did.
12. Put on your dark, enchanting clothes and some big earrings and you're ready to go!
Send me your versions of this look and I will feature them on this blog!
Here's your chance, be the
Mother Earth of Nightmares!